lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #13106] Add IPv6 scopes

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #13106] Add IPv6 scopes
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 21:47:16 +0000 (UTC)

David, I've just pushed your patches. Great work, thanks!

However, I've still got some remarks/questions we should work on:
- icmp6 looks a bit strange, could we change icmp6_send_response to not rely
on "NULL" but instead create sub-functions handling NULL or the old style?
- the diff of ip6_route() confused me. Due to lack of time, for now I hope
without scope support, the behaviour doesn't change. I'll try to come back on
that when I find the time...
- having 'packed' in the copy_from/to_packed macros seems a bit strange. I
know where the 'packed' comes from (because the packed typedefs are used in
protocol structs), but we might need a better (self-explaining) name here
(although I can't come up with one right now ;)
- tcp_connect: when scopes are disabled, calling ip_route is of no use
- There's no IPADDR6_INIT() taking a zone, would we need this?

Sorry for just listing it here, I can't check all that right now an just
wanted to write this down somewhere... :-)

Again, thanks for all the work.

Oh, and it's funny to have the first header with copyright on "The MINIX 3
Project" :-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?13106>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/