lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #50325] DNS local host list exported functions lack ve

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #50325] DNS local host list exported functions lack versatility
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:38:22 -0500 (EST)

To make it clear, I think TTL is out of scope for the "local dns" feature.
It's meant to get locally configured, static entries into the table (much like
the "hosts" file on some OSes). Anything beyond that should use
DNS_LOOKUP_LOCAL_EXTERN(..).

Keeping the TTL aside, I agree that it would be good to have the possibility
to get the current entries from the local list, e.g. to show the user a list
on add/remove without having to keep the data twice.

An iterator might be better for that though. Something like this:

u8_t dns_local_iterate(dns_found_callback iterator);

That would call the 'iterator' function for every entry in the local table and
return the number of entries.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?50325>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/