lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9272] arp/ndp: allow overriding the decision to cop

From: David van Moolenbroek
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9272] arp/ndp: allow overriding the decision to copy pbufs
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 16:30:28 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #9272 (project lwip):

That would be fine with me as well! The last comments from task #6735, which
are more recent than bug #11400, suggested to me that at least at the time it
was considered acceptable to reuse the pbuf, so I wasn't sure if I'd break
anything changing that.

For PBUF_REF, I think it's worth noting that the fragmentation code generates
PBUF_REF buffers which, as far as I can tell, are also zero-copy safe. In fact
it appears that any zero-copy unsafe PBUF_REFs would have to come from outside
the lwIP core, which I'd say is another reason to allow this to be configured,
at least for now..

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9272>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/