lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9272] arp/ndp: allow overriding the decision to cop

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9272] arp/ndp: allow overriding the decision to copy pbufs
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 02:43:12 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #9272 (project lwip):

Task #6735 is not much newer, being 9 years old now. And even back then,
Kieran said in comment #33:
"I'm OK with saying that lwIP doesn't support re-using of the pbufs. I think
that this is rare enough use of the API that it is justifiable to simplify the
lwIP code by not allowing it."
This is exactly what I'm thinking. Only we'll have to clearly point it out
that a pbuf must not be reused when the transmit function returns ERR_OK.
Without that, we shouldn't make a change.
But as I said, I think adding a define for this (whether it's overridable or
not) is a good thing to clarify the code and to provide it to netif drivers.
I'll push it in a minute ;-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9272>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/