lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [task #14395] recv of short buffer should eventually ti

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [task #14395] recv of short buffer should eventually time out
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 20:07:22 +0100

Answering on the list since this is off-topic to the task:

Joel Cunningham:

I've done some auditing of this behavior in LwIP and wanted to share a couple
of things:

My port has LWIP_SO_RCVTIMEO enabled and for sockets that don't set
SO_RCVTIMEO, it uses 0 for a timeout, thus providing the behavior of returning
whatever is in the conn->recvmbox and not blocking.

If I understood this right, your port is wrong:
In the lwIP sys_arch port layer, a timeout of 0 for lwIP arch does not mean "don't wait" but "wait forever".
"Don't wait" is only done through the "tryfetch/tryget" functions.

Simon