lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #50476] active open, ssthresh is really low with auto-

From: Ambroz Bizjak
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #50476] active open, ssthresh is really low with auto-tuning receiver
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 13:42:08 -0500 (EST)

I would just like to mention RFC 7661 as something to look at for possible
future improvements of congestion control (though it is quite complex!). It
addresses issues such as CWND growing unreasonably high with a rate-limited
sender and using a too high CWND after a reduction of data rate.

I think that lwIP doesn't even implement the idle period restart recommended
by RFC 5681:

"Therefore, a TCP SHOULD set cwnd to no more than RW before beginning
transmission if the TCP has not sent data in an interval exceeding the
retransmission timeout."

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?50476>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/