lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of lwip/sock

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of lwip/sock
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 20:39:38 +0200

Joan Lledó wrote:
The Posix standard has a list[2] of what should be declared in
sys/socket.h. If the system is providing its own sys/socket.h,
everything on that list must not be declared in lwip/sockets.h.

I think macros and structure declarations aren't a problem, but
functions... I don't know, since they have different names there
shouldn't be a problem neither. Of course, if LWIP_COMPAT_SOCKETS is
declared, then sys/sockets.h cannot be used because those function
names will be defined in libc. In my opinion, functions shouldn't be
covered by the patch.

Sounds good enough to try. Would you mind adding a patch to the savannah patch tracker?

Simon