lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9350] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9350] Sockets API: use OS's sys/socket.h instead of lwip/sock
Date: Mon, 22 May 2017 15:35:13 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #9350 (project lwip):

> I don't think that will work

Do you really think? I thought we could just move all defines and typedefs to
one region (which is left out in your case) and have the function definitions
always included and it should work?
We'd have to fix the odd implicit dependency from ip.h to sockets.h of
course.

> probably we should forget it

I'd really love to support you here. Although the BSD license allows it, I
hate to have too many forks: they tend to make more and more changes to the
original code and one day, they're so far away that merging patches becomes a
pain. I really want to help people trying to push back changes, even if they
are as funny as yours.

And if you don't make it without changes, we should at least try to only
require changing API files, not core files like ip.h ;-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9350>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/