lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #51154] ABC (Appropriate Byte Counting) fails to work

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #51154] ABC (Appropriate Byte Counting) fails to work with TCP_WND set to maximum.
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2017 10:25:00 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #51154 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => jcunningham

Follow-up Comment #2:

Tim,

TCP_WND is not used in the ABC or congestion control algorithms because that
window is for the receiver side and ABC deals with the sender.  It's not clear
to me how a window of 60K would change any behavior in the congestion control
over a 64K-1 window.  Something strange is going on.

Can you provide the following values to help me understanding your
configuration:

 LWIP_WND_SCALE
 TCP_RCV_SCALE
 TCP_SND_BUF

Growth of the congestion window is checked to prevent rollover so pcb->cwnd
should never get smaller (unless there is a retransmission)

Would it be possible for you to take a look at the pcb while its in the stuck
state and report the following values from the pcb:

 cwnd
 ssthresh
 mss
 bytes_acked