lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #50837] TCP: zero window probe doesn't timeout

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #50837] TCP: zero window probe doesn't timeout
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 20:50:48 +0200

Joel Cunningham wrote:

I agree that treating the send window as effectively zero when the next unsent
segment is larger, is becoming more messy to maintain.

Slightly off-topic so continuing on the list:
In the case of "0 < wnd < pcb->unsent->len" (next segment does not fit into the window), until now we discussed 2 options:
- handle this case the same as a true zero window
- split segments and send what fits into the window

What about just sending the full segment in this case? The receiver might or might not ACK the full segment, but
shouldn't that just work?

Simon