lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9384] Partial SACK (RFC 2018) support

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9384] Partial SACK (RFC 2018) support
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2017 15:33:55 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #8, patch #9384 (project lwip):

Jakub,

I've done a cursory review of the patch, found a couple of minor things:

+  /* Now 'unused_idx' is the index of the first invalid SACK entry,
+     anywhere between 0 (no valid entries) and 8 (all entries are valid).

Shouldn't the maximum be 4 based on the comment in opt.h and my understanding
that there is only space for 4 SACK entries in the TCP options?

+    if (TCP_SEQ_LEQ(pcb->rcv_sacks[i].right,left) || TCP_SEQ_LEQ(right,
pcb->rcv_sacks[i].left)) {

I found a couple instances like this above where parameters were not separated
by a space (the convention in LwIP code)

Should we also be reducing TCP_MAX_SACK_NUM to 3 (programmatically) if
LWIP_TCP_TIMESTAMPS is enabled?  Page 3 of RFC 2018 mentions SACKS being
reduced to a maximum of 3 when timestamps are also enabled

I'll continue to look at the patch more as time permits

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9384>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/