lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #51463] posix/errno.h incompatible with LWIP_ERRNO_STD

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #51463] posix/errno.h incompatible with LWIP_ERRNO_STDINCLUDE
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 20:17:04 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: git head

Details:

In my port, I'm trying to make use of the posix compatibility headers and have
LWIP_ERRNO_STDINCLUDE set to 1.  In my project, the standard C library errno.h
is the canonical one.

posix/errno.h is creating a problem because once in the build system, files
are picking it up and then it includes lwip/errno.h, which is empty because
LWIP_ERRNO_STDINCLUDE is trying to include the standard C library errno.h, but
gets posix/errno.h (lwip/errno.h does not get included again due to #ifndef
LWIP_HDR_ERRNO_H).

I've confirmed this by deleting posix/errno.h and things work as expected,
with the standard C library errno.h now satisfying the dependency

Was the motivation behind the posix/errno.h addition to allow LwIP to provide
a canonical errno.h for the entire project (LwIP sources + other files)?  I
like this idea, but would prefer it be separate from the posix headers (my
build system can't blacklist a single header).  Also, errno.h is part of the
standard C library, would it make more sense as include/stdclib/errno.h?

Thanks

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?51463>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/