lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] PPPOS and PBUF_POOL

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] PPPOS and PBUF_POOL
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 17:21:55 -0500

I’m getting more familiar with the PPPOS implementation in one of my projects
and was surprised to find that PBUF_POOL appears to be used in the transmit
pathway of PPPOS (i.e. pppos_write and pppos_netif_output). This doesn’t match
my understanding of PBUF_POOL which is that it should only be used for RX.

Also, if I look at pppoe.c and pppl2tp.c, both of those are using PBUF_RAM in
the their netif_output functions (pppoe_netif_output, pppoe_netif_output)

Is this usage of PBUF_POOL intentional?

Thanks,

Joel