lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #51897] PPP Stats Support in LCP

From: G Smith
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #51897] PPP Stats Support in LCP
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 12:55:43 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: 2.0.2

Details:

I have recently enabled the PPP_LCP_ADAPTIVE feature to test it out, as I'm
having problems with one of the peers responding to echo requests.  Anyhow, in
lcp.c, around line 2744, the compiler complains that 'link_stats' is
undeclared.  I think this is because I don' t have PPP_STATS_SUPPORT enabled
and the #endif is not encompassing the next few lines as it should.

Please see the original code and my fix below.  (I'm running Lwip 2.0.2.)

The offending code is this:
#if PPP_LCP_ADAPTIVE
    /*
     * If adaptive echos have been enabled, only send the echo request if
     * no traffic was received since the last one.
     */
    if (pcb->settings.lcp_echo_adaptive) {
        static unsigned int last_pkts_in = 0;

#if PPP_STATS_SUPPORT
        update_link_stats(f->unit);
        link_stats_valid = 0;
#endif /* PPP_STATS_SUPPORT */

        if (link_stats.pkts_in != last_pkts_in) {
            last_pkts_in = link_stats.pkts_in;
            return;
        }
    }
#endif

My fix is to move the PPP_STATS_SUPPORT #endif down 5 lines:
#if PPP_LCP_ADAPTIVE
    /*
     * If adaptive echos have been enabled, only send the echo request if
     * no traffic was received since the last one.
     */
    if (pcb->settings.lcp_echo_adaptive) {
        static unsigned int last_pkts_in = 0;

#if PPP_STATS_SUPPORT
        update_link_stats(f->unit);
        link_stats_valid = 0;

        if (link_stats.pkts_in != last_pkts_in) {
            last_pkts_in = link_stats.pkts_in;
            return;
        }
#endif /* PPP_STATS_SUPPORT */