lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #44092] tcp_pcb hangs in FIN_WAIT_1 after lwip_close c

From: Navaneeth Y V
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #44092] tcp_pcb hangs in FIN_WAIT_1 after lwip_close call
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 01:09:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Simon,

Thank you for pointing me to bug #31487. When I was going through the code I
some how had missed the part that TCP PCB moved to FIN_WAIT_1 will still be in
tcp active list. But answer given by Kieran helped me find the missing piece.
PCB will still be in the Active list. When the code for slow timer kicks in we
go through the active list and try to resend unacked segments. During this
the RTO increases significantly over time (with each retransmissions) and with
expiry of every RTO we make a note of it by incrementing nrtx, (Number of
retransmissions I think).  When it hits TCP_MAXRTX (12) the PCB finally gets
freed. This is a pretty long interval actually. Hence I mistook it for being
stuck.

Thank you for the help again.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44092>

  Message sent via/by Savannah