lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] What is the easiest way to contribute to lwip

From: Wayne Uroda
Subject: [lwip-devel] What is the easiest way to contribute to lwip
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 23:29:09 +1000

Hi,

I made a small change to sntp.c:

I changed

#if (SNTP_UPDATE_DELAY < 15000) && !defined(SNTP_SUPPRESS_DELAY_CHECK)
#error "SNTPv4 RFC 4330 enforces a minimum update time of 15 seconds (define SNTP_SUPPRESS_DELAY_CHECK to disable this error)!"
#endif

#if !defined(SNTP_SUPPRESS_DELAY_CHECK)
#if (SNTP_UPDATE_DELAY < 15000)
#error "SNTPv4 RFC 4330 enforces a minimum update time of 15 seconds (define SNTP_SUPPRESS_DELAY_CHECK to disable this error)!"
#endif
#endif

The reason for this change is I want to define SNTP_UPDATE_DELAY to call a function. In GCC it seems that even swapping the order of the tests in the first #IF statement isn't enough to avoid the < 15000 test, I had to use the two nested #IF statements.

What is the easiest way for me to contribute this back to lwip?

Thanks
- Wayne