lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9427] Add gethostbyname hook

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9427] Add gethostbyname hook
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 17:49:31 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #8, patch #9427 (project lwip):

I took a look at netdb and remembered that I placed the hook in
netconn_gethostbyname rather than netdb because all the netdb functions end up
calling netconn_gethostbyname.  This task name/wording in the patch doesn't
mention netconn, so I could see how that caused some confusion of where the
hook is.

The netconn layer seems appropriate to me so the hook isn't duplicated and any
applications using netconn directly (rather than netdb) gets access to the
hook.

Would LWIP_HOOK_NETCONN_EXTERNAL_RESOLVE be more appropriate?  That seems to
make clear the hook is happening at the netconn layer

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9427>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/