lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #14724] socket level ARP cache APIs

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #14724] socket level ARP cache APIs
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 15:36:29 -0500 (EST)

That's a good point.  The benefit of implementing the ARP ioctls would be that
developers could share/reuse Linux based (or other old UNIX) application code
that makes use of the ARP ioctls without having to modify it for the netconn
API.

Given that I don't have any of this application code currently and maybe since
it's not common given the preferred methods of routing/netlink sockets, a
netconn API would be good enough for now.

Also, I'm thinking of only supporting this for LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING to
avoid the usual new API burden for !LWIP_TCPIP_CORE_LOCKING (which is a new
struct message type and macros to abstract the  memory pool case for the
LWIP_MPU_COMPATIBLE)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?14724>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/