lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9520] httpd: add a gawk version of makefsdata

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9520] httpd: add a gawk version of makefsdata
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 15:25:44 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None

Details:

I find gawk very useful for my makefiles. One example is a simple bin2c, the
other is parsing bitmaps and converting them to C arrays in an appropriate
format. gawk is readily available not only for unixes but also for Windows
(it's just a single .exe file, see GnuWin32.)
I am attaching a basic version of makefsdata.awk that I used when evaluating
lwip httpd. I find the .c version of makefsdata unnecessary and bloated. For
the other version, Perl requires a proper installation on Windows, whereas
gawk does not.
Also, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Simon for great work on
httpd. It is simple, yet provides enough features to make rich web interfaces.

File Attachments:

Date: Mon 18 Dec 2017 11:25:42 PM MSK  Name: makefsdata.awk  Size: 2KiB   By:
kleshov

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/download.php?file_id=42676>