lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] DHCP and bad OFFER

From: Esa Hill
Subject: [lwip-devel] DHCP and bad OFFER
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 09:04:23 +0000

Hello,

DHCP implementation seems to have minor bug. If DHCP server sends OFFER without
Server Identifier-field, LwIP stops sending DISCOVER messages (one fieldbus
conformance tester does this).

I didn't check RFC what actually should be done in this case, but I think that
it should  at least continue sending DISCOVERY messages.

In code before dhcp.c: dhcp_handle_offer() is called,  DHCP timer is stopped
(dhcp->request_timeout = 0;), then
dhcp_handle_offer() just prints error if it rejects the OFFER.

We are still using 1.4.1 but master seems to have identical code for
dhcp_handle_offer().

br,
Esa Hill