lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #52770] mdns: move the announcements to a timer callba

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #52770] mdns: move the announcements to a timer callback
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 14:18:40 -0500 (EST)

You say stack usage is the main problem. Wouldn't the simplest solution for
you be to configure your netif via tcpip_callback() instead of from your
application thread using the netif API? This should solve your problem, or am
I wrong?

Just allocate an object that carries the new config using mem_malloc and fill
it in. Then do
tcpip_callback(my_netif_config_function,
pointer_to_some_object_containing_new_config) from your application thread. In
my_netif_config_function(), apply the new config and free the object again.
Wouldn't that work for you???

Agreed, its not very elegant, but you can create a small wrapper function that
hides the uglyness and it would save you any optimization in lwIP.

I don't know your application, maybe this is not possible for you?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52770>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/