lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #52748] the bug in timeouts.c

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #52748] the bug in timeouts.c
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2018 05:30:32 -0500 (EST)

> That is not a fair attribution, my version used: [...] which is equivalent
to my version but more convoluted.

You are right, my bad, apologies!

Your patch with does not correctly handle the cyclic timer overload situation.
Run unit test "test_cyclic_timers", it fails in the last line
"fail_unless((*list_head)->time == ..."
I gracefully handle "overload" situations, when a restarted cyclic timer would
immediately expire again. See if condition in lwip_cyclic_timer()

You are correct, my cyclic timers are not 100% precise, if a tick occurs
between the calculation of the relative timeout value in lwip_cyclic_timer and
the calculation of the absolute time in sys_timeout, the timeout still drifts
away! So something like sys_timeout_abs is needed...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?52748>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/