lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9541] ppp: add get state pointer macro

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9541] ppp: add get state pointer macro
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2018 09:35:09 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #9541 (project lwip):

I'm using the netif->state pointer to store external state data that needs to
be maintained per netif.  Rather than have a separate table and link each
entry its corresponding netif, it is  easier to use the state pointer and
existing netif_list.

In terms of how I'm over-riding it, I'm using the netif extended callback and
when netif_add is invoked, over-ride the state in my callback with a new
structure that also stores the original state pointer.  This is only needed
for netifs that aren't my own (loopback, winpcap, ppp).

I'm not as familiar with netif_client_data but I took a look and that would
allow me to achieve the same thing since I just need to store a pointer for
each netif.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9541>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/