lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9555] Add MDNS probing

From: Jens Nielsen
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9555] Add MDNS probing
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 15:30:10 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #1, patch #9555 (project lwip):

An idea regarding the api, the user saying "all services are added, go ahead"
call isn't really needed, that was just to prevent a stream of announce
messages at startup, right? Now I can just (re-)start the timer when the netif
or a service is added and assuming all services are added before the timer
expires we get the same result. Otherwise the worst thing that will happen is
that we send some unnecessary probes but in the end we have still probed all
records for uniqueness, with a bit less confusing api.

Proposal for this change (apply on top of patch 1) in patch 4

(file #43100)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: 0004-Remove-superfluous-mdns_resp_start-api.patch Size:3 KB

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9555>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/