lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9525] httpd: add Websocket support, fix lwip_strnic

From: Sakari Kapanen
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9525] httpd: add Websocket support, fix lwip_strnicmp
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 03:33:09 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #5, patch #9525 (project lwip):

Simon, thank you for the feedback.

As for the SHA1 and base64 code, the origin is here:
https://github.com/B-Con/crypto-algorithms
They are released into the public domain and there's even no license file in
the origin repo.

However, I agree with your point about avoiding duplication of the SHA1 and
base64 functions. I had a look at the SMTP code, and the base64 function seems
easy to split out of that code. What is, in your opinion, the best place in
the code tree to locate the standalone base64 function?

About SHA1: I can change that to use PolarSSL/mbedTLS conditionally (I think
you're referring to pppcrypt.h). In their current state, the PolarSSL files
seem to be quite coupled to the PPP code, having includes of ppp_opts.h and
conditional compilation based on whether PPP support is selected. I think they
would have to be split out as well. What's your opinion about this? Where
should the files be relocated?

Finally, I completely agree that httpd.c is huge, and I'll do my best to
refactor the WebSocket support out of the main file. It will indeed be much
more maintainable that way.

With the mentioned changes in place, would you then more likely to consider
this for merging? Also, are there any other things I would have to consider?
It seems you're moving more and more towards pool-based memory allocation, so
it would seem preferable to account for this in the WebSocket implementation
(like I've done to some extent already in the patch).

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9525>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/