lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9576] Adding authorization cookie management

From: Giuseppe Modugno
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9576] Adding authorization cookie management
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 05:41:51 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #9576 (project lwip):

> I'm not very familiar with various authentication schemes, but I think a
number of them can be implemented without having to modify httpd.
Please, please, suggest one authentication scheme that can be used without
changing current httpd.

> That's one reason not to apply this patch. The other one is the this: httpd
is rather simple, please keep it this way.
Simple, but highly configurabile. My patch can be completely disabled by
macros, as usual in lwip. So if you don't want, don't enable it.

Simple, but complete. IMHO a web server that isn't able to manage
authentication and user types/sessions (with logout, expiration after some
time, and so on) is useless in many situations.

I hope there's a simpler solution to this, but I have seen many users
<http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2017-11/msg00087.html> in the
past that ask how to add authentication in httpd without a real solution.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9576>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/