lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9581] Add "server reachability" register to SNTP

From: Tom Ferrin
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9581] Add "server reachability" register to SNTP
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 16:56:43 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #9581 (project lwip):

Thank you for responding, Simon.

a) I set the reachability variable to zero in the init function because one
possible scenario is that the application calls the stop function and then at
some future time calls init again (e.g., after shutting down a WiFi connection
and then restarting it). In this case I thought it best to re-initialize the
variable.

b) I will resubmit my changes as a patch.

c) You raise a good point if more than one server is in use. From my reading
of the RFC and knowing how this variable is implemented on Linux systems,
there should be a separate variable for each server. I will update the code
prior to submitting the patch.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9581>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/