lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #53396] unit tests build broken for msvc

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #53396] unit tests build broken for msvc
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 21:19:49 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release: None
            lwIP version: git head

Details:

Unit tests no longer build on msvc due to a link failure:

Error 33 error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _lwip_win32_platform_diag
E:\projects\lwip-contrib\ports\win32\msvc\lwIP.lib(pbuf.obj) lwip_unittests

The unit test is relying on the port's cc.h rather than using a unit test
specific cc.h.  This means we need to disable mapping LWIP_PLATFORM_DIAG to
lwip_win32_platform_diag during the unit test build.  I took a stab a using
LWIP_TESTMODE, but the problem is that's defined in opt.h, which is not
included in/before cc.h resulting in an undefined token when trying to do #if
!LWIP_TESTMODE

Other option would be to add a definition for lwip_win32_platform_diag to the
unit test sys_arch.c, but this feels hacky to me.  Maybe there's another
symbol we can use that's defined during the unit test?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?53396>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/