lwip-members

Re: [lwip-members] Seems Error to me!!

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-members] Seems Error to me!!
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:14:39 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003, Jack Carlson wrote:

> Hi All,
>       In the function sys_mbox_post function the member variable last of
> the structure sys_mbox is never decremented any where. So after posting
> 128 messages which is defined by the #define SYS_MBOX_SIZE the
> application blocks so that the tcpip_thread function can read some
> messages. Would’nt it be better to decrement the last data member (or
> even reinitializes it to 1 as we do for first data member)  when the
> last is equal to first!!! in function sys_mbox_post??? Regards Amit

Which version of lwip and which architecture (eg. unix port or
something else?) are you referring to?

I've had a look at the latest version of the unix port and can't see the
problem you describe.  sys_mbox_post() only blocks when last > first +
SYS_MBOX_SIZE which is correct as far as I can tell.  Neither last or
first are reset to 1 - both just carry on counting, but we use the %
operator to take the modulus whenever they are used.

Kieran