lwip-users

Re: SV: [lwip-users] Odd byte packets in LWIP

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: SV: [lwip-users] Odd byte packets in LWIP
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 01:40:41 +0100

Hello all,

could you please provide us with example source code?

There have been a number of bug reports/patches and
remarks about my cs8900.c code not allowing odd
alignment and/or 8-bit interfacing to the chip.

Also, there has been talk to split the cs8900 Ethernet
driver in an chip independent part (for most, the *if
functions) and a chip dependent part. That way, we
would have a Ethernet driver top layer (that does all
the ARP interfacing etc.)

If we want to fix this, we should both add 8-bit
alignment and 8-bit interfacing in a neat way. No
hacks.

Sorry for me neglecting the reports you sent me
earlier. It never reached the top of my priority list
and probably never will...

I will accept clean patches against DEVEL, but I
do not have the time to merge changes to old
versions of the driver.

Regards,

Leon.