lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Accepting multicast UDP packets

From: Robert Brown
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Accepting multicast UDP packets
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 10:54:47 -0400

You are on the right track.  I implemented support for multicast IP in lwIP
0.6.4 in the manner you have suggested.  My application is a Universal Plug
and Play control point.  As such it is necessary to send and receive
multicast IP packets.  The attached file contains some code snippets to
indicate what I did to get this to work.

I assume you are using an ethernet interface. Depending upon the nature of
your application you may need to enable Rx for ethernet multicast addresses
in your ethernet chip.

Rob