lwip-users

[lwip-users] Establishing a link

From: Robert
Subject: [lwip-users] Establishing a link
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 13:22:20 -0400 (EDT)

When interfacing to certain Ethernet devices, my board is not be able to
establish a link.  If there is a 10baseT hub in circuit, it works
every time, but if there is a direction connection between my board and
certain devices, the link will not come up, or will only come up if the
other device is power cycled.

We came upon a Cirrus Logic app note #AN205 that speaks to clearing bit 9
in the LineCTL register, but that bit is already cleared in my case.  We
are guessing that the problem is related to auto negotiation.  Does anyone
have any ideas or suggestions for solving this problem?

Note: I am using the Crystal CS8900A chip in the 10baseT mode.  The
supporting circuits are as recommended by the manufacturer.  I am using
"cross over" cables when appropriate,  The initialization software steps
came for the Crystal example code.

--
Best Regards,
Robert

Join the fight against spam, support the do-not-email list.