lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] LWIP, PPP and GPRS

From: VANSTAEN Laurent RD-MAPS-GRE
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] LWIP, PPP and GPRS
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:03:26 +0200

Hi,
   I've re-thought  about my code and I've seen that the inits for FSM are called lcp_init() and pppOpen(). That part seems OK now.
Now I dial my modem, call pppInit(), pppSetAuth() and pppOpen(), and then try to open a PDP context (AT command AT+CGDCONT). I get an error message CREG:2 (no network found). I know the AT commands, I have already tested my GPRS modem with kermit and pppconnect with Linux, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with AT commands. Somehting is still missing in my previous PPP calls. Does it sound familiar to you ?

Thanks,

Laurent Vanstaen

Michael's answer :
A couple of things jump out at me:

I don't understand what you are doing with ppp->session and ppp->statemachine.

You forgot to call tcpip_init. This init is quite important to PPP.

You aren't supposed to call any of the FSM routines yourself. I'm not sure why you would want to.

It looks as if you've tried to open PPP before dialing up your GPRS modem? I don't think that will work.

One last thing, I think it would be better if you could keep the LWIP discussions on the mailing list. Thanks.

My initial message to Michael :