lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] BOOTP support

From: Stéphane Dalton
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] BOOTP support
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:49:30 -0400

Hi Daniel,

I'm not sure lwip in its current for supports BOOTP but it is a fairly
straightforward protocol to implement. If you need a client you can take a
look at the DHCP client already implemented in lwip in src/core/dhcp.c
since DHCP and BOOTP share most of the same vendor options (or extentions
in DHCP) and have the
same basic message structure you should not have a tough time doing a
BOOTP.

If you need help let me know and I'll have a look at it!

|---------+------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Daniel Yap <address@hidden>           |
|         |           Sent by:                                    |
|         |           lwip-users-bounces+sdalton=corecoimaging.com|
|         |           @nongnu.org                                 |
|         |                                                       |
|         |                                                       |
|         |           08/09/2004 10:02 PM                         |
|         |           Please respond to Mailing list for lwIP     |
|         |           users                                       |
|         |                                                       |
|---------+------------------------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       address@hidden
          |
  |       cc:
                 |
  |       Subject:  [lwip-users] BOOTP support
                 |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Hello,

Can anyone please tell me whether lwip supports bootp,
I am currently using ecos' lwip and our network
doesn't have a DHCP server.

I loaded an application with "dhcp_start(netif_d)"
into RedBoot and it doesn't acquire an IP address.

I am a beginner, so I don't know a lot. Thanks in
advance for your help.

Cheers,

Daniel

http://au.movies.yahoo.com