lwip-users

[lwip-users] pbuf queueing and arp queueing

From: David Haas
Subject: [lwip-users] pbuf queueing and arp queueing
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:03:09 -0400

Hi all,

I am trying to update my embedded system to use the latest version of the lwip stack. I checked out the main branch and I just came accross this problem:

In etharp_query() the following code puts a packet on a queue for arp:

     p = pbuf_take(q);
     /* packet could be taken over? */
     if (p != NULL) {
       /* queue packet */
       pbuf_queue(arp_table[i].p, p);

What I am finding is that arp_table[i].p is null. This seems to be the default condition of arp_table[i].p if we are queueing on a new entry. Unfortunatel, pbuf_queue() can not deal with this.

Should'nt the code  read

if (arp_table[i].p)
 pbuf_queue(arp_table[i].p, p);
else