lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How to optimise

From: Paul C
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How to optimise
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 21:37:15 +0930

Hi Chris and list.

I too have a Renesas H8 based system. How are you measuring the
performance? What physical interface are you using?

We are using the H8S2633 which has 16k of internal ram and slower
larger external ram and rom. Presently the internal ram
is used for stack only. I would like to know is it preferable
to put core lwip functions into this ram (2x speed up from
external rom) or should I put lwip data structures in there
(2x apeed up from external ram). I havent done any profiling.
Does anyone on the list have any suggestions for the areas
data/program that would benefit most from being put in
fast ram?

thanks

Paul