lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP port to 32bit target (and its problems ...)

From: Bonny Gijzen
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP port to 32bit target (and its problems ...)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 08:27:02 +0200

Hi again,

I have successfully ported lwIP to a 32bit target, and had to tweak the code somewhat to make it work.
It is too bad that other people have done this before, without publishing their modifications.
(Atleast I couldn't find them)

Are people interesting in publishing their 16/32bit changes? Perhaps a small section can be put
up to support the porting to these type of targets?

I say successfully, but that's not completely true.
I do suffer some problems from time to time and I cannot see to pinpoint them.

I am running a single client, and I have tested it on 3 different servers, with 3 different resulting problems.
Please note that these problems occur very rarily, sometimes even after 21hours of running continiously:

1) Sometimes the server seems to get a duplicate message from me.
(I made some logs on the client side and I don't seem to send the duplicate message from the high level client)

2) Sometimes the server response to me with an error message.
(This would indicate that the msg my client sent got corrupted somewhere)

3) Sometimes the server application completely hangs.
(As far as I can see, this server application cannot normally hang. All functions use timeouts etc.)

Looking at the nature of these problems I really think they are related to the stack itself (and not to the toplevel client). Unfortunately, all me debugging has lead me nowhere yet ...

Are there people here who have also debugged similar (or just as strange) problems?
Are there people who use 16/32bit ports who also have issues?

Maybe someone has got an idea?

Many regards
Bonny

PS. The only things I needed to change for the port were:

1) Correct packing of overlay structures
2) Change the IP address from u32_t to u8_t[4] and changing all macros/function using that
3) Change the SEQ/ACK fields to 2x u16_t and changing all macros/function using that
4) Change the checksum routine to use byte offsets