lwip-users

[lwip-users] add ICMP Destination unreachable

From: Andreas Becker
Subject: [lwip-users] add ICMP Destination unreachable
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:55:50 +0100

Hi all,

I'm thinking about to extend LWIP with the processing of a
ICMP-destination-unreachable Message.

What would be the best way to provide this to the lwip-callback-api-user?
I need the ICMP-type: "Destination unreachable" and the ICMP-Code
"0: no net, 1: no host , 2: no port ,.., 15"
Pehaps use a LWIP_ERR and the udp/tcp_err callbacks and add a
err_icmp_dest_unr.
But if I do so: how to pass the icmp-code to the user? ... Add five new
errors ?? err_icmp_dest_unr_NET, err_icmp_dest_unr_HOST...??

Is an ICMP an real error? Schould I terminate the connection if I receive an
ICMP-Dest-unreachable, or could this be a temporary error, for example if a
router uses a dial-up connection?

The other way is to add an new callback funktion udp/tcp_icmp like _recv().
And then add a option to lwipopts.h?

Any other ideas??

--
MEng Dipl.-Ing.(FH) Andreas Becker