lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Tcp freeze

From: Dave Perry
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Tcp freeze
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 10:39:19 -0400

Hi all,

I found the problem and a solution, but it raises a question.

The problem was in my implementation of sys_mbox_post. lwIP is supposed to
work with queue sizes as small as one, and this is what I was using. My
implementation would drop a message instead of blocking if the queue was
full.

The problem occurred when two SYN packets were received one after another.
The application layer would never hear about the second connection because
of the lost message. Blocking in sys_mbox_post was not enough to solve the
problem, I also had to increase the queue size from 1 to 10.

Is this a case where lwIP will not work properly with a queue size of 1?

Dave