lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Bug in src/core/pbuf.c

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Bug in src/core/pbuf.c
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 00:39:33 +0100

Hello Curt,

Curt McDowell wrote:
Hi,

pbuf_init() will not work unless pbuf_pool_memory[] is properly aligned.
There's an ASSERT that it's aligned, but if it doesn't end
up aligned by random chance, you're screwed.  With my luck, I had ASSERTs
turned off, and my CPU simulator corrupted the data
instead of taking an exception, so I was triply-screwed. :-)
The fix is to add another (MEM_ALIGNMENT - 1) bytes to the pbuf_pool_memory[]
size, then in pbuf_init() align the initial assignment
Applied to CVS HEAD.

Thanks!

Still little time to review your earlier patches. If you require CVS access (if you do not already have it) pls let me know.

Regards,

Leon.