lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] RTSP / RTP data streaming

From: Trond Kortner
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] RTSP / RTP data streaming
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 13:54:03 -0000

By persistent TCP I mean that the connection is kept open until closed by the user, and not closed between each data exchange (which the realy old and / or simple versions of TCP did).

The dump below shows what is happening when I use the QuickTime media player to start a RTP transfer by means of the RTSP protocol:

My application receive a DESCRIBE from the media player via the lwIP stack, I respond with a REPLY. Then the media player issues a SETUP, but the lwIP stack does not pass this data through to my application, it just returns a TCP ACK on its own and then times out.

With Regards,
Trond Kortner
R&D Engineer
Hydroacoustics
Kongsberg Maritime AS
Horten

Kieran Mansley <address@hidden>
Sent by: address@hidden

10.01.2006 10:02

Please respond to
Mailing list for lwIP users <address@hidden>

cc
Subject

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 08:56 +0100, Trond Kortner wrote:
> Is there any way lwIP can be configured to handle persistent TCP
> connection? Or does it not support it at all?

I'm not sure what you mean by persistent TCP connections.  Connections
in TCP should remain open until their are explicitly closed by the user
or reset by the other end, unless the user has set a timeout (e.g.
SO_KEEPALIVE).

Kieran