lwip-users

[lwip-users] Patch for IGMP V1/V2 and raw multicast support

From: Mace Gael
Subject: [lwip-users] Patch for IGMP V1/V2 and raw multicast support
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:35:38 +0100

Dear all,

Find attached a patch (I think you're familiar with this kind of format), based
on the previous development done by Steve Reynolds, and fully integrated (I
hope in the spirit of LWIP ...) to support raw multicast (send and receive) and
IGMP V1&V2 client node features.

I made the development against the version 1.1.0 of the LWIP stack which is
provided by Altera (www.altera.com) within its NIOS II / uCOSII environment. I
hope it will be easy for you to merge theses modifications in your CVS
development tree, if you're interested in ... ;-)

For the time being, the IGMP development is only supported with IPV4. But I
think it's not a big deal to support also IGMP/IPV6.

As an overview, find below the list of modifications I made:

        api/socket.c
        api/api_lib.c
        api/api_msg.c
                New socket setsockopt() features support for ADD_MEMBERSHIP,
DROP_MEMBERSHIP & MULTICAST_TTL and automatic IGMP (join and leave)
packets processing.

        api/tcpip.c
                Init of the IGMP module

        core/ipv4/icmp.c
                ICMP checksum could be calculated at the hardware level (same
as UDP/TCP/IP)

        core/ipv4/ipaddr.c
                Add new generic multicast IpAddr

        core/ipv4/ip.c
                Support of incoming multicast packet
                Modify the ip_output_if function to support an extra parameter
specifying the header length: the IGMP packet need to include a specific
descriptor in the IP header

        core/netif.c
                Add new function to find a interface according to a given
IpAddr

        core/stat.c
                Add IGMP statistic

        include/...
                Various modifications to support adding features and
declarations

Any comment/remark/question is welcome.

Gaƫl