lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: Lwip UDP performance

From: Christiaan Simons
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: Lwip UDP performance
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 13:17:02 +0200

Atte wrote:

> Come on, now. When have sales talks ever told that the product being sold

> would be anything else than glisteningly excellent and devoid of
anyproblems
> whatsoever ;). Oh, and better than competition with at least factor of
three.

We're a big Altera fan, without any cynism.
Their Quartus design software is great :-) compared to the problematic
Xilinx tools :-(.

The only problem I have with their current NIOS offering is that it can
be good for a few DSP like apps, but I don't see it as replacement for
let's say
a Coldfire or ARM9 with embedded MACs (a 'network processor').

When hearing the MAC isn't so good, or very constrained,
I'm glad someone else confirms this idea.

I guess the limited buffering has something todo
with souping up many M4Ks (FPGA memory cells) otherwise.

Christiaan Simons

Hardware Designer
Axon Digital Design

http://www.axon.tv