lwip-users

[lwip-users] Pbuf assertion failure

From: Etienne Lanoy
Subject: [lwip-users] Pbuf assertion failure
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 15:14:35 +0200

I have add a printf in the pbuf_free function and before the assertion occur the pbuf->flag is equal to 54 (decimal)....
I don't understand what's happend.

Do anyone know how I can solve my problem ? It seem the Pbuf is broken but I haven't any idea to solve this mistakes
in my software.
This occur after a tcp_write and a tcp_output. I do that everywhere in my software and I haven't problems.

I'm using NIOS (Altera) , I have released my quartus 5.1 SP2, Nios 2 5.1 SP1 and I haven't data cache in my Nios core.
So, normally, this is not due to the bug reported by Altera.

Thank you a lot
Etienne

Etienne Lanoy a écrit:

Yes I'm using Altera Nios but I have search the patch for the Data cache bug but
I've not found it.

I'm very desagree because in all my software I do the same action tcp_write and after tcp_output. There is no problem. Maybe something is broken in my software but
I haven't any idea what can produce this assertion failure.

I thank you a lot for your help.

Best regards,
Etienne

Jan Ulvesten a écrit:

Are you running Altera/Nios II?

If yes, check out Altera website and/or niosforum.com. There is a
problem with the Nios II data cache. A patch is available (to the IDE).
Jan Ulvesten
Senior Software Engineer
SICOM  AS
Tel   +47 72 89 56 55