lwip-users

[lwip-users] Porting to Renesas M16 + MicroChip ENC28J60

From: Carlo Magnaghi
Subject: [lwip-users] Porting to Renesas M16 + MicroChip ENC28J60
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:10:05 +0200

I was actually thinking upgrading from the currently used 16 bit M16
(M30624) at 16MHz to 32 bit M16 (M30879FLBFP) running at 32 MHz that is pin
compatible.
The problem is that, to keep with the current design, I will have to use a
SPI Ethernet controller (ENC28J60).
uIP performance is terribly low (I think) due to the substantially
half-duplex implementation.
Maybe lwIP is somewhat better in this sense and not so prone to degrade with
the number of hops in the network.
I too think that redesigning the hardware would be the right thing to do and
the ARM is probably the right chip to use today unless there are good
reasons to choose anything different.

Carlo Magnaghi