lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip ARP problems

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip ARP problems
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:16:14 +0000

On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 00:49 -0800, dannylum wrote:

> I actually read on some other forum that this other person had a
> similar problem and corrected by doing a ping to the FPGA before the
> FPGA requests for a connection the PC. I applied this same approach
> and it now works for me.

This strongly suggests that your FPGA board is able to deal with ARP
requests but not with the ARP responses (for the requests that it sends
out) that it's getting from the PC.  If you do the ping as above, the
FPGA board gets to know about the MAC address of the PC without having
to send out an ARP request.

I've no idea how the lwIP Xilinx port sets up and configures ARP, so
can't offer any guidance about how to fix this problem.  Perhaps someone
else who has used the Xilinx code successfully can help?

Kieran