lwip-users

[lwip-users] Examples don't set the Loopback Interface to "up", so Loopb

From: Tom Evans
Subject: [lwip-users] Examples don't set the Loopback Interface to "up", so Loopback won't work.
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:44:35 +1000

I don't have a "real interface" on my lwIP port, so I'm trying to bounce
packets off an echo server on the Loopback port.

The code is failing in ip_input() on the test for:

    /* interface is up and configured? */
    if ((netif_is_up(netif)) && (!ip_addr_isany(&(netif->ip_addr))))

As far as I can tell, nothing in the code and nothing in any of the
supplied contrib/ports/* (including the ones that create a Loopback
Interface) ever call netif_set_up() on it.

Am I missing something, or did the "(netif_is_up(netif))" check get
added to ip_input() after the last update of the example ports, and
nobody has tested them recently?

Thanks,

==
Tom Evans

- The contents of this email, and any attachments, are strictly private and
confidential.
- It may contain legally privileged or sensitive information and is intended
solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
- Only the intended recipient may review, reproduce, retransmit, disclose,
disseminate or otherwise use or take action in reliance upon the information
contained in this email and any attachments, with the permission of Australian
Arrow Pty. Ltd.
- If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender
immediately and promptly delete the email and attachments, together with any
copies, from all computers.
- It is your responsibility to scan this communication and any attached files
for computer viruses and other defects and we recommend that it be subjected to
your virus checking procedures prior to use.
- Australian Arrow Pty. Ltd. does not accept liability for any loss or damage
of any nature, howsoever caused, which may result directly or indirectly from
this communication or any attached files.