lwip-users

[lwip-users] Lots of RAM

From: Valdemar
Subject: [lwip-users] Lots of RAM
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 10:28:22 +0200

Hi
I am using lwip in an application with an ATMEL
AT91R40008 microcontroller running at 33 MHz.
It seems to work fine, but I would like to speed
up the tcp-transmission. To send or receive a 1 Mbyte
file to/from a pc takes about 10 seconds.
It is possible that my application is to blame, but I
want to make sure I use lwip in the best way.

Suppose I have a lot of RAM:
How should I configure my system for optimum tcp performance?
What should the MEM_POOL_SIZE-s and MEM_POOL_NUM-s be?

I use the latest CVS head code. I don't use the API and
NO_SYS = 1.

And two requests to the nice and clever people who write this code from
a beginner who tries to read and understand it:
1. When you change the code in a module, could you
   please also make a comment about it in the modules head.
   At least the date of change. As it is now there is no
   way to tell which module is the latest.

2. Use variable and function names that say a little more
   what the variable does or means.

Thanks for a great product.

Germund Asp