lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Support required for LwIP:URGENT

From: Robin Iddon
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Support required for LwIP:URGENT
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 08:33:43 +0100

Hi Nitin,

OK, looking at your trace I see a couple of things.

(1) Your MAC address for your LWIP machine is 0d:0a:08:04:02:01 - you shouldn't have the least significant bit of your first byte set as this makes it a multicast - not sure that matters in this case, but even so it would be better to start 0c rather than 0d. (2) Packet 1 is the start of a successful transfer of img4.jpg, initiated by the PC. The whole file is transferred (nice shirt, BTW ;-)) and the sequence completes OK with the LWIP machine initiating shutdown with a FIN at packet 24, and the connection being closed at packet 26. (3) This sequence continues with several more successful transfers until packet 221. Here the PC initiates a connection, the LWIP machine replies in 16ms but the PC generates a RST. (4) The next sequence starts OK but the PC generates a RST midway through the session, again when the LWIP machine takes ~50ms to generate the next packet.

Whatever is going wrong, it isn't the fault of LWIP - a 50ms response is entirely reasonable behaviour mid-TCP stream.

What are you using as an http client (your own program, internet explorer, wget, ...)? Does the same problem happen with both web browsers and wget, etc? Can you try running from a different PC? There are some registry values that control TCP behaviour on Microsoft PCs - I don't know whether there is an option that if set to a very low value might cause this, but an easy way to find out would be to use a different machine and see if the problem goes away!

Let us know how you get on.

cheers,
Robin

Nitin AGARWAL wrote:
Pls find attached the ethereal trace which is reflecting that the
(OS:windows 2000) PC is renerating reset. How can I do that the PC should
wait longer before generating reset? I am using TCP.

Regards,
Nitin
Tina #199-3739
IMS Systems Lab, Noida