lwip-users

Re: AW: Re: [lwip-users] Driver interface related question

From: shai katzir
Subject: Re: AW: Re: [lwip-users] Driver interface related question
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 03:02:35 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for all the help, and sorry for nagging but i'm still stuck./

Goldschmidt Simon wrote:

>> and how can i use the receiving interrupt to enter a packet to the
>> tcpip mailbox, without blocking the interrupt.
>
> With SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT set to 1, you may allocate a PBUF_POOL from
> interrupt context (provided you have a correct implementation for the
> SYS_ARCH_PROTECT-like macros!) and the pass this packet to tcpip_input
> (should be your netif->input function).

i used SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT with 1, and implemented the neccessary
functions.
i tried to run a program which receives UDP messages in a loop.
right at start the program got stuck in a loop, saying it cant allocate
pbuf.
so i raised the pbufs, then it got stuck by saying there aren't enough
memp's( for TCP msg).
so i raised the memps for tcp msgs. then it started to receive some packets
and again got stuck,
without pbuf's to allocate. i checked if the alloc and free are working
fine( with my sys_prot) and they're
seem to be Okay. the problem is that the program is trying to allocate in a
higher rate than the release.

Goldschmidt Simon wrote:

> v1.2.0 has some problems with ARP in this context so you might want to
> upgrade to something newer (CVS) to receive packets from interrupt
> context. But be aware that CVS HEAD has many changes compared to 1.2.0!

What kind of problems can be with the arp?
i understand that in my case, all the processing (of the ARP), including the
arp reply,
 is done in the interrupt, but can it cause problem?
anyway, my program get stuck when there are no longer any arp messages, so
i'm assuming its
not the problem.

Thanks again,
shai